Friday, November 1, 2013

Random Essie Swatches

Here are some random Essie polishes I had picked up. Now me and Essie normally don't get along as I've never been a fan of the formula and I think the polishes most of the time are just too thin for my personal liking, but Peach swears up and down by them, so I figured I would jump in and see if I could find some shades I would like.....

 The first one you see here is Pepperoni. Now I am obviously not the greatest fan of reds, but I did pick this one up for Pokeball nail art in the near future, plus it actually flowed out from the brush really well. This was about 2 coats.
 The second one is my personal favorite out of the bunch, Sand Tropez. I love muted grey-like shades and this one very much fit the bill, plus is wasn't too shabby on application.
 The third one you see here is East Hampton Cottage, which is sheer, this was 3 coats, but it's pretty nice. If I wanted a polish that simply gave me a nice white tone, I would go for this one.
The last one you see here is Mayonnaise. I bought this one thinking it was a pure solid white, but another sheer. It's not bad, but it's not great either, especially compared to East Hampton Cottage, plus I had some pretty bad issues with application as you can see by how streaky my nails are.

Overall, I'll invest more into Essie here and there, depending on what they come up with season-wise. Plus I'm sure I can find some more shades that my gal pals will love.

-Papurukingu

No comments:

Post a Comment